Wednesday, June 10, 2009

zion canyon and las vegas







It's Renee tonight. The kids are having too much fun being lazy...

Another early start got us to Zion Canyon by 8:00 and we were off and running. I think this was my favorite place so far - maybe because most of it is from the bottom of the canyon and I wasn't afraid the whole time. The tunnel was shorter than it was when I was 7. Strangest thing how that happens. We hiked to a beautiful waterfall and were only a few feet from a deer. Of course the ranger badges were completed. After a stop at a playground/picnic area we headed to Las Vegas. We are staying at the Venetian courtesy of a fire dept friends MIL. Christopher thinks the "remote control" blinds and shades are funny. Brandon loves the idea of ESPN in every room. After dinner we went to Hoover Dam and then came back and drove down the strip. Now everyone is getting ready for bed. Tomorrow we should arrive at Sequoia and hopefully will get to cook out and then will spend much of Friday there as well. I think we are sleeping in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment