Thursday, June 11, 2009

California and beyond











Greetings from Three Rivers California. We slept in late this morning 7:00 am. Mark, Sarah and Christopher went on a tour of the strip near the Venetian and got lost! Really lost. We had to ask for directions 3 times. Apparently, the Venetian is very large. We had a great time in Las Vegas. I wish I could tell you more but, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. I did win 20 bucks and spent it all in the gift shop. Thanks Curtis for the room! It was nice. One of the pics is Brandon sitting at the desk in the room blogging. We drove I-15 across the Mojave dessert into California and into the orange groves. We stopped along the way at a road side market and purchased some wonderful sweet cherries, oranges and corn nuts. We arrived at Sequoia in time to go into the park and grill some hot dogs. We found a Black bear in the picnic area as we were leaving. Christopher and Sarah started their Jr Ranger books for the Park. As we were leaving the park we took a short drive on one of the back road and saw some real rangers going to rescue someone that was hurt in the back country.

Tomorrow we will finish Sequoia and head north to Yosemite NP. Then west to San Francisco. Stay tuned to see if we leave Christopher at Alcatraz....

No comments:

Post a Comment